Monday, June 18, 2012

Get out

{Braille Trail, Genesee, Colorado}

My friend, Sheila, visited from L.A. recently with her daughter. We took her to Genesee to one of our favorite "nature walks". I stopped using the word "hike", not for my children's benefit, but for my own. A "hike", to me, conjures up images of a painfully slow pace up the side of a mountain with no end in sight and most definitely some perspiration involved. No, I prefer "nature walks", completed in under an hour with multiple stops to look at the beautiful wildflowers and bugs that delight us.


The Braille Trail is a roughly one mile walk with interpretive signs in braille along the path. There is also a wire following the trail, designed for the visually impaired (but loved by all). To get there, take I-70 W to Chief Hosa (Exit 253). Hang a right and continue on Stapleton road. The road deadends at the trail head.


No comments:

Post a Comment